Heartworm Treatment Goals
Research has shown that the Gold Standard set by the American Heartworm Society is the most effective program that yields the best results.
What is the process?
1) Partners-4-Paws uses donations to pay a veterinarian to perform the test.
2) Cost sharing may be required. Discuss your share with your counselor. It is never more than 50% of the treatment cost.
2) Partners-4-Paws get results and:
a) purchases preventative medication for the initial month for dogs who test negative.
b) makes arrangement for treatment for dogs who test positive
3) Dogs who will be undergoing treatment are placed kennel rest while under treatment.
4) Provides transport to/from the treatment facility as needed and as available.
Partners-4-Paws pays all or a portion of the cost of care received, so donations are always needed.
Some individuals cannot afford to pay even a portion of the cost.